Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Teaching Binder

                   Yes, I know that I should be enjoying my last few weeks of summer-not thinking about work, but it has been soooo HOT here that inside activities like creating a cute Teacher Binder are most appropriate. I have looked at many Teacher Binders online but this cover is my design (: I LOVE owls and flowers so this will be fun to use. I also laminated the cover so I could transfer it if the binder broke from being overused, hehe. The owl is a stamp from my store and the printing was done on the computer with my favorite Handwriting font.
                   From this project I discovered that each teacher's binder will and should be personal/different. I am a special education teacher, so my data sheets and lesson plans are complicated and in their own binders. I will use this binder to keep track of all the little things I struggle to keep organized such as; district calendar, grade periods, IEP progress dates, numbers of teachers and building numbers, student information and class-list, birthdays, standards, scope and sequence for the subjects I teach, meeting notes, co-teaching information, PD papers, passwords - I am sure I will add to this list as it occurs to me. I do think that I will have a better year with everything in one spot (:
 I am REALLY trying to think about how I want to organize all my work-pages/reading materials. I have a self-contained class with students on a variety of levels all learning the same topics so papers are EVERYWHERE!  I like to see the papers so I think ideally I would like to have them in binders with page protectors. If you have a system that works well for you let me know! I love to learn new things (:

Let me know what you think! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I am also a special education teacher for a resource room type setting, but I teach math, reading and writing. Sometimes I am working with one grade level, sometimes two (with anywhere from 8-16 kids on my caseload). I LOVE organization and appreciate your binder. I am trying to come up with ways to help my life and classroom be more organized and I am struggling. This has given me some ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete