Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Getting Organized! Step One

      As you can tell from my blog title I am a VERY busy lady especially when life kicks in high gear when the school year starts. I started teaching agin last year after staying at home with my children for 11 years! It was a HUGE adjustment for all of us. One major lesson that I gained was my need to get REALLY organized. If you are a teacher you know that work is not over at 3:00 p.m. and if you are a mother work is NEVER completed. I am in the process of "pulling myself together" wink, wink by implementing several strategies. 
FIRST:
The Household Binder
I am using a large binder, Index Maker Clear Pocket Dividers by Avery 8 tabs and fun scrapbook supplies, cricut.
I have categories for: 
*Menu- I need to have a plan or the plan will be fast food = my 15 pounds gained last year, ugh. Yes, I am working on getting it off before school starts (: 
* School Calendars-this means my school's calendar and my children's because we are in different districts
*1st grade-teacher information, classroom events that we sign-up for or need to remember, grades
*3rd grade "
*5th grade "
*6th grade "
*Family and Friend Birthday Chart-this is a one page list of the months with spaces to write people and birthdays. I am sick of forgetting birthdays, especially when I need to mail ahead.
*Basketball- dates, games and coaches names + phone numbers
*Dance - a place to keep information on dance class and tickets (I lost $60 worth of tickets last month)
*Soccer- with four children all in activities, I am always saying I lost a paper! This section will come in handy for reference for dates and times.
*Daisy Scouts- with a Daisy and Jr. I have a lot of items to keep organized. I am also going to keep patches in the pocket divider until I have time to iron it on.
*Cub Scouts- a great place to keep camp-out dates, patches and meeting times! 


I am sure I will be adding to this family binder as we go, but you get the main idea. 
My next post will be all about a Teaching Binder (: Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment