Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Binder- Classroom Organization!

             If you use binders to organize and plan units like I do, this idea may work well for you. Last year I taught several subjects and I used binders to organize; work-pages, journal pages, reading material,  study guides and rubrics or scoring guides. I have used a few methods for storage, but I found this to be the very best! I had two of these Chrome Lid/Plate Rack's by Closetmaid at home that I did not use when I organized my pot lids and baking pans. I had the idea last year that binders may fit in them and THEY DID! This can hold 8 binders. I created personalized covers for each binder with the subject, clip art and their name. At the end of the semester I took off the cover and stapled all the papers to it and sent it home. The binders did not belong to the students, and defiantly had to stay in my classroom for reuse! This is a nice solution and clears up your book shelves for more books (: They are really sturdy and neat.
 I will take a picture when I set up my classroom in August. I do not have access to my classroom now and am not sure where my room will be this year in the building! They are doing major construction but I am excited to design my new space. I only hope that I have windows again!!!!! I have some fun ideas to share with you, YAY!

Let me know what you think! I love to visit Blogs (: 

1 comment:

  1. I use binders for everything. Even my students have their own binders. I have awarded you a blog award. Stop by to pick it up!

    Alison
    Toad-ally Exceptional Learners

    ReplyDelete